Renewing your energy contract is always more expensive. Switching supplier saves about 15-30% for business owners. Contact Energy4 for further information to help your business reduce costs where possible. With renewals of existing contracts (verbal or written) there is no ‘cooling off’ period and the contract is binding immediately on your confirmation with your energy supplier. Where we might be able to help is if your contract has been automatically renewed without your confirmation. Contact us for more details about how we can submit a Notice of Termination on your behalf to ensure you’re not automatically renewed and allowed to look towards different supplier Renewal is a large issue at present, Energy4 is here to help. Previously Energy4 has notified OfGem of Utility malpractice, and will continue to do so.
- Ofgem found 18 suppliers failed to correctly protect customers’ tariff prices when they decided to switch supplier or tariff
- Over 1 million customers were overcharged over £7.2 million for the failings
- Collectively, the suppliers are issuing refunds and redress payments worth £10.4 million
- those on a standard variable tariff who switched to another supplier but did not have their variable tariff price protected during the switch,
- customers on a fixed-term tariff who switched to another supplier but did not have their fixed term tariff protected during the switch, and
- customers on a fixed-term tariff who moved to another tariff with their supplier but did not have their fixed-term tariff protected during the switch.